Nothing says summer like a backyard barbecue. But instead of the same old burgers and dogs, why not make some good old fashioned ribs? They’re just as hearty and a little more unique. Add some delicious peach cold slaw and you’ve got summer grillin’ at its finest.
Something about grilling meat on the barbecue just screams summer to me. We always have at least one or two parties each summer that involve some sort of meat on our grill. While it’s usually burgers and hot dogs, every so often, I like to change things up. Sometimes we’ll do kabobs and sometimes if I’m feeling really adventurous we’ll do ribs. There’s really nothing like a great rack of grilled baby backs to keep the guests and the family happily satisfied. It’s super filling and there’s always plenty left over… okay, maybe not plenty but at least a couple. Add some sweet peach slaw to the plate and you’ve got classic Southern cooking, summer style!
Smokey Ribs with Peach Cold Slaw
For the Ribs
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Colman’s dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 racks of baby back ribs
For the Peach Cold Slaw
- 1 (12 ounce) package precut cold slaw mix
- 1 (6 ounce) container peach yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 yellow peaches, chopped
- For the ribs – Mix together the first seven ingredients and rub all over the front and back of the ribs. Place ribs on a large platter and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to over night.
- Arrange ribs on grill over medium heat and cook until meat is tender turning occasionally, 40 – 45 minutes. Transfer ribs to serving platter and serve with peach slaw.
- For the peach slaw – While the ribs cook, pour cold slaw mix into a large bowl. Add the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and peaches and toss until well coated. Serve with the ribs.
Other Ribs recipes from SheKnows