You usually see chicken and mushrooms on top of pasta. But when you mix them into the spaghetti, you get a creamy casserole the whole family will love.
I love pasta because it’s so easy to make. Just boil for a few minutes and add sauce. But doing it that way can get old pretty quickly, so I’m always looking for fun and interesting ways to do pasta. Baking the pasta and sauce together in a casserole is one way you can still have a pasta dinner but make it new and exciting. Then if you add some chicken and mushrooms, you have a hearty dinner that reminds of macaroni & cheese, but in half the time.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet cook mushrooms in the butter over medium heat until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the flour. Gradually add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Continue to cook and stir the broth until slightly thickened.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the cream, salt, nutmeg, pepper and wine. Fold in the cooked chicken and spaghetti.
- Pour the spaghetti mixture into a 3-quart baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately with your favorite crusty bread.
Other Baked Pasta Recipes from SheKnows
Beef and pasta casserole
Beefy pasta baked casserole