Chicken Breasts are a great last minute dinner option because they’re so versatile and so easy to prepare. So instead of roasting them for the umpteenth time, dress them up for dinner by wrapping them in puff pastry.
I love chicken because I can do so much with it. I can roast it in the oven. I can grill it on the barbecue. I can marinate it or deep fry it. The options are endless. So when I discovered I had a box of puff pastry in the freezer, I thought why not wrap it up in a sheet or two? And then I thought that chicken in puff pastry would be kind of boring, so I added some herbed cream cheese as well. It was so delicious and so easy, I can’t believe I haven’t made it before. So the next time you have a couple extra chicken breasts lying around, wrap them up in cheese and puff pastry. You’ll think you were dining out.
Chicken & Cheese-Stuffed Puff Pastry
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cream cheese and chives until well combined; set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry sheets. Slice each sheet in half. Spread pastry evenly with cheese, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edge.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and roll in puff pastry. Seal the edges and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a dish and brush over each chicken bundle. Bake for 20-25 minutes and serve.
Other Puff Pastry Recipes from SheKnows
Bacon puff pastry
Lobster and brie-filled pastry puffs