Sweet and sour cucumbers, a little soy sauce, some sesame seeds and scallions give chicken salad an Asian kick.
Chicken salad is one of those great meals that can be made a hundred different ways. Add some apples and walnuts — you’ve got a Waldorf version. Add some curry, raisins, and almonds — it’s Middle Eastern. So why not an Asian version? All you need is a little soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and sesame seeds to turn leftover chicken into a delicious meal for lunch or dinner.
Asian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Japanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 (2 pound) rotisserie chicken, skinned and meat shredded
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 8 slices crusty bread, lightly toasted
- Combine vinegar and sugar in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute or until sugar’s dissolved. Add cucumber slices to bowl and toss to combine.
- Whisk mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger together until combined. Toss mayonnaise mixture with chicken pieces, scallions, and sesame seeds.
- Arrange 4 slices of bread on a platter. Add equal amounts chicken salad and top with pickled cucumbers and second piece of bread. Serve immediately.
>>More Tonight’s Dinner Recipes
Other Chicken Salad Recipes from SheKnows
Buffalo chicken salad
Curried chicken salad with grapes and almonds
Holiday chicken salad
Leave a Comment