Tonight's Dinner: Crunchy Chicken Cones
Chicken Fingers are a fun treat for the kids on the weekend or during the week. But instead of the same old fingers on a plate with barbecue sauce, why not spruce them up by rolling them in little tortilla cones?
Food Trucks are the hot new way to get gourmet food when you're at the beach or a park or even some big festival. It seems every town across America has their share ranging from Vietnamese to all-American. If you have a favorite cuisine, odds are there's a truck out there that's serving it.
One of the more popular choices is chicken. Sometimes it's fried, sometimes it's baked, sometimes it's breaded and served on a bun. But however you like it, one of the more common choices seems to be in finger-form -- mainly because they're easy to pick up and the kids can never get enough. But since these food trucks tend to be more on the gourmet side, the prices also lean toward the high end. So, instead of trolling the streets for the perfect chicken-based food truck, why not create your own version at home for half the cost? It'll be just as delicious, but you won't have to break the bank to serve the whole family.
Crunchy Chicken Cones
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 8 chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Place corn flakes on a large plate.
- Dip each chicken tender into the egg, then into cornflakes, pressing to adhere. Place the chicken on a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray, and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, in a medium bowl mix together the mayonnaise, cilantro and lime juice.
- Place to chicken tenders in each tortilla. Top with a spoonful of mayonnaise sauce and 1/4 cup of lettuce. Roll into a cone and serve.