Tonight's Dinner: Tater-Topped Casserole
Turn that kid-favorite side dish into a kid-favorite dinner option with this delicious, easy-to make entree.
Tater-tots are a great side dish for hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken tenders. I love them, kids love them, and what's not to love? They're cute little bite-sized potatoes that are covered in a delicious variety of spices. I can eat them as a side or all by themselves and never have enough. Since they're so good, why not put them on top of a casserole? That's what Taste of Home did and let me tell you the result: absolutely scrumptious! I loved it and best of all, so did my toddler. So, if you've got an extra bag of tater-tots in the freezer whip up this awesome casserole. Your whole family will be happy you did.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package frozen vegetables
- 1 (3 ounce) can french-fried onions
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Mix in the season salt and pepper.
- Layer the beef mixture, vegetables and onions into the dish.
- In a bowl, combine soups and milk; spread over vegetables and top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered for one hour.