If you or your children are on a gluten-free diet, these brown rice noodles are a great alternative to standard pasta. Fry them up with a little soy sauce and some vegetables, and you’ve got a delicious dinner in no time.
Spaghetti and stir-fry are two dinner favorites that are quick and easy to make. They don’t usually go together though, unless you use brown rice noodles. Then suddenly those two dinners from opposite ends of the earth make perfect sense. If it still sounds a little strange, all you’re really doing is pouring your stir-fry over noodles instead of rice.
Another reason to choose rice noodles over Italian spaghetti is that they’re gluten-free. So if you or anyone in your family is allergic to wheat, these are a great option. And don’t worry, you won’t have to go to a specialty store to find them. I found mine in the pasta aisle of my favorite supermarket. So the next time you’re craving stir-fry, grab some rice noodles and make it extra special.
Shrimp Over Rice Noodles
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspooons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup snow peas, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cook noodles according to the package directions, about 13 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, cornstarch and water and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, snow peas and shrimp to wok. Cook for 2 minutes. Mix in corn and cook for another minute, or until shrimp are cooked through and no longer pink.
- Pour in the soy sauce mixture and heat for 30 seconds. Add the drained noodles and stir-fry everything for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Other Stir-Fry Recipes from She Knows
Cinnamon coconut stir-fry
Ginger root and asparagus stir-fry
Vegetable tofu stir-fry