Some ground beef, a little zesty barbecue sauce, and a Dutch oven turn these sloppy Joes into something special.
Sometimes there’s nothing better on a brisk evening than sloppy Joes. They’re easy to prepare, always a big hit, and the best thing about them is that you can pick them up with your hands. That’s right, no silverware necessary.
When you have kids, anything they can pick up with their hands is always an instant winner. Most kids hate to slice and dice. Even I hate to slice and dice sometimes. So anything on a bun gets a big A+ from me and my family, which is why these sloppy Joes are the perfect answer to “what’s for dinner?”
What makes these sloppy Joes really special is that they’re barbecued and baked, right in the oven. Who could ask for anything more?
Baked Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can condensed tomato bisque soup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, brown beef and onions over medium-high heat; stir in the next 4 ingredients through the cider vinegar.
- Bake uncovered for 2 hours, stirring occasionally; spoon onto buns and serve.
Other Barbecue Recipes from She Knows
Baked barbecue spareribs
New Orleans barbecue shrimp