Tonight's Dinner: Chicken Waldorf Salad
Nothing's better on a warm spring night than a cool salad and this sweet chicken salad is the perfect answer to a nice dinner on the back porch.
While the South is having horrible tornadoes and the East Coast is buried under piles of snow, the West Coast has been hit with sunny, warm days for more than a week. When it's warm and sunny out, I don't like to cook. In a house with no air conditioning, my kitchen is already pretty warm on these spring days, but add an oven heating at 350 or 400 degrees and it's downright hellish. These are the days I just wanna toss together a salad and have a cold drink for dinner.
I know what you're thinking, what about the chicken, don't you have to cook that? Not if you have some left over chicken breasts in the fridge. Just shred the breasts, toss in some sliced apples, and you have the perfect picnic dinner for a warm spring or summer evening in your own back yard.
Chicken Waldorf Salad
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 Pink Lady apple, sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, torn
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, and vinegar; add chicken, celery, apples, and lettuce and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among plates and serve.