Tonight's Dinner: Sausage with grapes and polenta
Sausage is a delicious, easy choice for dinner any night of the week. Add some cooked polenta and red seedless grapes and you've got a casserole that will make friends and family swoon.
Sausage is one of those great proteins that's delicious morning, noon, or night. You can have them as a side dish with eggs or serve them up all by themselves as the main course. And, with all the different choices from turkey to pork, apple to garlic, it's easy to see why sausage is such a popular choice at breakfast or dinner time.
Take this casserole for instance, it pairs sweet Italian sausage with polenta, grapes, and onions to create a mouth-watering dinner adults and kids will love.
Sausage with Grapes and Polenta
- 1 1/2 pounds red seedless grapes, rinsed and stems removed
- 1, 8-ounce tube cooked polenta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 6 sweet Italian sausage links
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In an ungreased, 3-quart rectangular baking dish, combine grapes, polenta, onion, oil, and rosemary; toss to coat.
- Using a fork, prick each sausage in several places; add sausages to mixture in baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes, or until sausages are cooked through and grapes are slightly shrivled; serve immediately.