We’re right in the middle of Passover and Easter is this Sunday so, instead of ham this year, what about lamb? You could either have a grilled leg of lamb, or these delicious spiced lamb kabobs from Saveur Magazine.
What makes these kabobs so easy is that they are simply ground lamb with a few extra spices. Mix it all together, add a skewer, throw them on the grill and you’ve got an Easter dinner no one will expect and everyone will love.
Spiced Lamb Kabobs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 6 tablespoons onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine lamb and onion in a large bowl and set aside. In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat; add the paprika, salt, cumin, oregano, mint, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute; pour the spice mixture over the ground lamb and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Divide lamb into 4 portions and roll into a thin cylinder about 10-inches long and 1-inch thick; slide a flat metal skewer into each cylinder and press meat around skewer; transfer skewers to a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill to medium-high heat; grill the kabobs, turning once, until browned and nicely charred on the outside and medium on the inside, about 4 minutes per side; remove from grill and serve immediately.
Other Easter Recipes from She Knows
Curried Deviled Eggs
Heavenly Avocado & Chipotle Eggs
Italian Easter Cake