Pasta is a great dish any night of the week. It doesn’t matter if it’s penne, ravioli, spaghetti, or gnocchi, but boiling it and adding a simple sauce can get tired. Instead, bake it with some cheese and fresh tomatoes and give pasta new life.
Pasta’s always a big hit at my house; it doesn’t matter what form it comes in or what sauce it’s drenched in, everyone’s plates are always licked clean. But the favorite, hands down, is gnocchi. While I don’t make it from scratch, I can always find a good gnocchi at the grocery store. Trader Joe’s even sells bags that already have the sauce mixed in. But no matter what kind of pasta I make, creating a different sauce to pour over it every time can get stale. Baking pasta, though, now that’s a nice twist on a classic theme.
Cheesy Tomato Gnocchi
- 1 pound gnocchi, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup store bought alfredo sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup aged gouda cheese, shredded
- Preheat your broiler.
- Cook the gnocchi according to the directions on the box.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, melt butter in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Once the gnocchi is cooked, drain and place in a casserole dish; add tomatoes; turn gnocchi and tomatoes to coat in butter; pour alfredo sauce over gnocchi and tomatoesand sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil until browned on top, about 5 minutes; serve immediately.
Other pasta recipes from She Knows
Beefy Pasta Baked Casserole
Cheese Pasta Bake
Pasta Stuffed Baked Tomatoes