Tonight's Dinner: White pizza
Pizza is one of those great dinners that can be on the table in 30 minutes or less, but instead of paying an arm and a leg for it, why not whip one up yourself? A few store bought ingredients make it really easy.
These days when people think of pizza they automatically think hand-tossed crust, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and maybe some pepperoni or sausauge. But what about people who are allergic to tomatoes? It means going sauceless (yuck!) or scrapping the idea altogether.
Well, I recently discovered a delicious pizza at BJ's Restaurant that doesn't use tomato sauce. It's called their Big White and I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to recreate it with my own twist. It was so much easier than I ever would have expected.
While BJ's version comes with tomatoes on top, they can easily be left off when I have my friends over who either don't like or are allergic to the little red fruit. So, next time you want pizza, skip the red sauce and try the white!
- 1 can of premade pizza crust
- 1 cup of premade alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll the pizza dough out onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Ladle the alfredo sauce over the whole crust; sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over sauce; spread the chopped chicken, garlic, and tomato over the whole pizza.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and basil over the pizza and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is puffed up and browned; serve immediately.