Mangoes and some sweet chili sauce make shrimp the perfect choice for a warm spring night.
Shrimp is one of those shellfish that’s great hot or cold; it’s delicious plain or swimming in sauce, but however you choose to prepare these scrumptious morsels of goodness, nothing compares to the sweet tropical flavor of mango. That sweet flavor enhances shrimp the way no other fruit can. Add some soy sauce and some sweet chili sauce, spoon it over steamed rice and you’ve got the perfect dinner for a warm evening outside.
Sweet & Spicy Mango Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 whole fresh mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, sweet chili sauce, and shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add mango and cook until warm, about 1 minute.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over steamed rice, sprinkle with coconut and serve immediately.
Other Shrimp Recipes from She Knows
Asian Shrimp Salad with Creamy Citrus Dressing
Baked Shrimp Scampi
Cheesy Shrimp Meltaways