Need a quick and easy treat for a Valentine’s Day party at school? You can’t beat these jeweled Jell-O hearts that can be prepared with ease and come out looking colorful and festive. The kids will love their “jeweled” appearance and of course, the fact that they can eat it with their hands!
Jeweled Jell-O Hearts
Yield | will vary depending on size of cookie cutters
- 3, 3-ounce packages of Jell-O (varying colors)
- 1,14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin (Knox)
- For each flavor, dissolve one box of Jell-O in one cup of boiling water.
- Pour each color into a separate 8×8 inch plastic container and chill overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- When firm, cut the different shades of Jell-O into small squares and carefully scatter in a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms, add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and dissolve.
- Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and cool.
- Pour cooled milk mixture over Jell-O. It does help to take the time to skim off any small bubbles that are created when you pour the condensed milk on the Jell-O pieces.
- Chill overnight.
- Cut into squares or use cookie cutters to get your favorite festive shapes.