Quick, tasty burger recipes
If there was one food that could be described as "American," no doubt it would be the hamburger. From the grill to the pan, great burger recipes start with quality ingredients like lean ground beef, possibly the Kobe variety for special occasions. Don't stop there; any "burger" connoisseur will agree that some of the best burger recipes don't necessarily have to involve beef.
Check out some of these great recipes that feature chicken burgers, turkey burgers and even burgers for the vegetarian in all of us – all with a total prep time of 20 minutes or less!
Bacon & Swiss Chorizo burger
- ¼ pound chopped bacon
- 2 pounds ground beef or sirloin
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh, uncooked chorizo removed from casing
- ½ pounds thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Add bacon and onions to a medium pan over medium to high heat – cooking until the bacon is done, but not crisp. Add the chorizo and cook until done.
- Remove the mixture to a paper towel-lined plate to cool and drain excess fat.
- Divide the ground beef into 8 equal parts and form into a loose ball, creating 4-inch patties.
- Layer 1 slice of cheese onto the center of the patty and top with bacon/chorizo mixture.
- Add another slice of cheese on top of the mixture and top with another patty.
- Gently seal the edges of the patties.
- Grill the patties as desired; or, cook the patties in a medium sauté pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side and then cover and place in a 250 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Kaiser rolls are the perfect wrap for these patties!
Teriyaki chicken burger
- 1 pound ground chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Grated fresh ginger for taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 3 ½ inch patties, resting the patties on wax paper.
- Cook the patties thoroughly (about 12 minutes on a grill over medium heat).
- Serve on warmed buns with cucumber slices, lettuce and red onions.
No worry Worcestershire burgers
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the ketchup, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, salt, parsley, tarragon and Worcestershire sauce.
- Form the meat into six 4-inch patties, about 1 ¼ inches thick.
- Cook patties as desired.
- Serve with cheese, red onion and/or bacon.