Some Middle Eastern spices and sweet jam give this chicken a delicious kick.
Fruit doesn’t need to be relegated to dessert or a side dish anymore, it can add delectable flavors to an otherwise savory dish. Slice up some mango and avocados for a sweet and spicy salsa to spoon over fish; stew some cherries in a port and ladle it over steak; or, stir some lemon juice into apricot preserves and brush it over chicken breasts. No matter what your favorite fruit, there’s a protein that goes with it. For this dish, apricots and lemons bring a nice spring flavor to a weeknight dinner.
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; rub mixture over each chicken breast.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and heat 1 tablespoon of butter; cook chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side; remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add apricot preserves and lemon juice to the same pan and stir until smooth over medium heat, about 1 minute; spoon sauce over chicken and serve.