Tonight's Dinner: Asian Pork Chops with Baby Bok Choy
It's not the type of protein you cook, but how you cook it that makes dinner have an Asian, Italian, or Indian flare. When it comes to Asian cooking, it's all about the sauces you use, but don't worry, all of these sauces can be found at your local grocery store. So grab a few bottles of soy sauce, sesame oil, and a whisk and dig in!
Asian Pork Chops with Baby Bok Choy
- 1/3 cup black bean garlic sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 4 baby bok choy, sliced lengthwise
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients (through the ginger) in a small bowl; add the pork to the marinade and let stand for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the pork from the marinade; brush the bok choy with the marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat; grill the pork until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side; transfer the pork chops to a serving platter.
- Grill the bok choy until tender and slightly charred, about 5 minutes; place the bok choy on the platter and serve.