Simple ingredients from your pantry combine to create an amazingly satisfying cookie. Brimming with oats, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, and peanuts, these hearty cookies are sure to become a regular in your cookie rotation.
Trail Mix Cookies
Yield | about 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat sugars, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda thoroughly. Stir in chocolate chips, peanuts and cranberries.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Storage: Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Adapted from Betty Crocker