The wok is one of those great pans that’s perfect when you want to create an Asian meal in your own home: A little sesame oil, some vegetables, your favorite protein and about 10 minutes are all it takes to experience the Orient at home.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a rice fan or a noodle fan. This sesame beef and asparagus stir-fry is delicious over either. And, it can all be made in roughly 20 minutes, making it the ideal choice for dinner when you’re out of ideas or don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen.
Sesame Beef and Asparagus Stir-fry
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 12-ounces top sirloin, sliced into strips
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 10-ounces asparagus, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Pour the sesame seeds into a large zip-lock bag; add the strips of beef, seal the bag and turn over several times until the strips are covered in sesame seeds; put aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in a wok over medium-high heat; add the onion and asparagus and sauté until just tender, 2 minutes; add the beef and stir-fry until brown, 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, sweet soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, and oyster sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium; add sauce to wok and cook, stirring often, until sauce is bubbling and coats the beef and vegetables.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Other Stir-fry Recipes from She Knows
Vegetable Tofu Stir-Fry
Sweet Potato and Pork Stir-Fry
Shrimp Stir-Fry with Clementines and Snow Peas