A simple cake mix combines with rum and vanilla pudding mix to make one deliciously moist and decadent rum cake. The buttery rum glaze fills the cake with a delicious sweetness that will have people begging for more.
For the Cake
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a large Bundt pan (12 cup) with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts into the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, eggs, rum, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and combine on medium speed with electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes, scrape down the bowl halfway through until very smooth. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 55 minutes or until fully golden and tester comes out clean and cake springs back when gently pressed.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack while preparing the rum glaze; do not remove from the bundt pan.
- Combine butter, water and sugar in a small saucepan
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved (about 5 minutes) and syrup is well combined and slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the rum, mix to combine
- Poke holes all over bottom of cake with wooden skewer.
- Pour rum/butter syrup evenly all over bottom of cake.
- Allow cake to cool 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto serving platter.
- Store cake in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe slightly adapted from VinoLuciStyle.com