Easy recipes with hot dogs
Our easy recipes with hot dogs are sure to be a hit at your game day party. These fan-favorite party foods will be popular with everyone from kids to adults — and everyone in between. Whip up these easy hot dog dishes and then sit back and enjoy the game. Go team!
Smoky hot dogs and rice
"It's the easiest recipe ever," says Deana Hipwell, The Frugal Homeschooling Mom. "This is one of the kids' favorite lunches!"
- 4 smoked turkey franks (or whatever hot dogs you like best), sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch slices, or thinner
- Brown rice (enough to make 4 to 6 servings)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced onion
- Dash pepper (to taste)
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions; add hot dogs, butter, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper.
- When the rice is done, it's all done at the same time and ready to serve!
Note: May add frozen broccoli, carrots or sugar snap peas as well; just cook along with the other ingredients.
"The easiest hot dog recipe in the book," says Autumn Baptiste.
- Hot dogs
- Crescent rolls
- Kraft cheese
- Make a slit in each hot dog; stuff the cheese inside and then wrap the crescent dough around the hot dog.
- Heat in the oven at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Voila!
This tasty hot dog recipe, courtesy of Noelle Abarelli, The Smart Mom Mompreneur, kicks it up a notch!
- 1 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8-ounces tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash tabasco sauce
- Sauté onions in butter; add soup, water, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce.
- Slice 4 to 8 hot dogs lengthwise and add to sauce; simmer 15 minutes and serve over elbow pasta or bow tie noodles.
Hot dog chili
- 1 can of spicy chili beans in sauce
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 4 to 6 hot dogs
- Jack cheese, sour cream, avocado (optional)
- Pour first 4 ingredients into a pan; add taco seasoning and mix well; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Slice hot dogs into 1/2-inch pieces; add to chili; reduce the heat to warm and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over a toasted New England hot dog roll and top with any or all of the optional toppings.
Note: For an over-the-top treat, put the roll topped with chili and cheese in the oven for a few minutes to let the cheese melt.
Hot dog pizza
"This was my favorite dish as a kid and is my favorite quick snack now that I'm a grown-up," says Jessica Rinne Waskom of Texas.
- Sliced bread
- Hot dogs
- Slices of cheese (I usually use Kraft slices, but you can be creative)
- Turn on your oven (or toaster oven) to broil; toast a slice (or multiple slices) of bread.
- Microwave a hot dog (or multiple hot dogs) and cut into small slices.
- Put slices of hot dog on a piece of toasted bread spread out like pepperoni on a piece of pizza.
- Cover with a slice of cheese and pop it into the oven until the cheese melts.
- You can also add thinly sliced tomato or even top the hot dog slices with chili and chopped onion before covering with cheese. Be creative!