Top 5 chicken wing recipes for finger-licking good game day bites
It's that time of year again — leading up to the Super Bowl — where you have an excuse to eat all the chicken wings you damn well please. We fully understand the plight of the football fan and how important it is to have delicious wings at the ready before the big game begins. We've rounded up the best of the best, five of the lip-smackin'-est chicken wing recipes out there, to keep your taste buds entertained while you cheer on your team.
Are you ready? It's go time...
1. Spicy chicken wings recipe
These spicy chicken wings are low in carbohydrates and ultra tasty.
- Butter spray
- 16 chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, chopped small
- Black pepper, to taste
- Singe the wings over an open flame to remove any feathers. Rinse them, and pat dry with a tea towel.
- Heat the broiler.
- In a bowl, mix together all the spices. Spray the wings with butter spray on both sides.
- Place the spices in a bag, and add 3 or 4 wings at a time, depending on how big the bag is. Shake the bag to coat the wings.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the broiler pan or a cookie sheet.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Turn the wings over, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat step 6 for a total of 8 minutes, then serve immediately.
2. Bangin' Buffalo chicken wings recipe
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Original
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 3 pounds chicken tenderloins or wings, skinned
- In a large pot, boil the chicken for 15 minutes. If using wings, do not let the chicken fall off the bone.
- Remove the wings from the water, and let them cool until they're easy to handle.
- Carefully pull the skin off each piece.
- In a baking dish, combine the two sauces, add the chicken, and stir well.
- Cover, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Uncover, and stir well.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with fat-free blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
3. Baked Buffalo wings recipe
The secret to making these wings crispy and delicious is to marinate them for at least an hour and a half.
- 10 – 12 chicken wings, skinless or skin-on
For the marinade
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the hot sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean the chicken wings, removing the skin or keeping it on (it's up to you).
- In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, paprika, salt and cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- Place the chicken wings in a large glass bowl.
- Coat the wings evenly with the flour mixture.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap, and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Marinate for an hour or 90 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray (preferably Pam).
- Place the marinated chicken wings on the sheet, and lightly spray the wings with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F, then increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Take the wings out of the oven, and spray them with cooking spray.
- Place the wings back in the oven, and bake them for another 10 minutes. This makes the wings crispy.
- Make the sauce while the wings are baking. Heat a saucepan over low heat. Add the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper and garlic powder, and stir them together.
- Let the butter melt, and stir the mixture until it is well blended.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, and pour it over the baked crispy chicken wings.