Tonight's Dinner: Arugula Pear Pizza
Pizza doesn't have to be tomato sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. There are so many different choices for toppings, you and the kids can have tons of fun making a delicious dinner everyone will enjoy.
Trader Joe's is one of those great grocery stores where you can find almost anything you need at cheaper prices. One of their popular items is a wonderful garlic herb pizza dough. While Trader Joe's does have both white and wheat pizza dough, the garlic herb has a little extra zing which fits perfectly with the prosciutto and gorgonzola. So, grab a package or two the next time you visit and you can create a healthy version of this delicious fast food.
- 1 package of Garlic Herb pizza dough
- 1/2 a pear, sliced
- 2-3 tsp gorgonzola cheese
- 3-4 slices of prosciutto
- 1/3 cup of arugula
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Roll out the dough until it's roughly 12 inches in diameter and place on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Cover the dough with the sliced pears, prosciutto and gorgonzola cheese.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is browned.
- While the pizza cooks, toss the arugula with balsamic vinegar.
- Pull the pizza out of the oven, sprinkle the arugula over the pizza, slice and serve.