Everyone loves snickerdoodles, so how about spicing up this classic cookie with cardamom and ginger? These delectable snickerdoodles cookies are simple to prepare and a great twist on a seasonal cookie.
Yields about 48 cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup margarine; softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Mix together the flour, cream of tartar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger; set aside.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar until well blended, mix in vanilla. Add in the eggs one at a time and fully incorporated.
- Add dry mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Form into balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place the dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
More Cookie Recipes From SheKnows