Sick of chicken or beef for dinner? Try some shrimp. They’re easy to prepare and all you need is a little lime juice and some rice for a nice, healthy meal.
Shrimp and rice may sound like a bland and boring meal, but sauté them with a little lime juice and some cilantro and you’ve got a delightfully tangy dinner that will impress both family and guests alike. Some people believe cilantro can only be found at your local farmer’s market. But turns out there are bunches of the tangy herb right in the produce section next to the lettuce, which makes this recipe all the more appealing when you’re tight on time.
- 1 lb of raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups of rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rice as directed on the package.
- While the rice cooks, season the shrimp and sauté them over medium heat, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro to the pan and finish cooking the shrimp, 2-3 more minutes.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture over the rice and serve.