Love Mexican food, but intimidated by the time and energy it takes? Well, have no fear. This recipe takes no time and even less energy.
Tacos are a great family dinner. They’re easy to make, always delicious, and you can have several different toppings so everyone at the dinner table can create their own special taco. The same can be done with empanadas. The fillings are simple enough, it’s making the dough that can be intimidating. But not if you grab a canister of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Just one or two canisters are all it takes to create a healthy, delicious meal.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasonings
- 1/2 cup of onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of peas (optional)
- 2 canisters of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Follow the directions on the taco packet to make the taco meat.
- While simmering, add the chopped onions and peas if you’re using them.
- Once the taco meat is cooked, roll out the Crescent Rolls and separate each triangle.
- Place 2 spoonfuls of meat mixture on a dough triangle.
- Take another dough triangle and place it on top of the meat.
- Seal the sides with the tongs of a fork. Repeat with the final 14 triangles.
- Place the empenadas on a cookie sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with salsa and guacamole.