Switch up your typical brownie recipe with pumpkin! These gluten-free treats are a perfect way to top off a delicious Thanksgiving meal. Just be sure to get one before they’re all gone!
Gluten-free dark chocolate pumpkin brownies
- 4-ounces semi sweet baking chocolate
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (alternatives: almond flour, rice flour)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp granulated salt
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler. Don’t have one? Put the chocolate in a frying pan directly above a pot of boiling water.
- Allow melted chocolate to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pumpkin, applesauce, yogurt, melted chocolate, vanilla and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt in a second bowl.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ones and stir until mixed.
- Oil an 8X8-baking pan and pour the brownie mixture into the dish. Spread with a spatula.
- Bake for one hour, or until a fork inserted into the middle comes out clean and the sides of the brownies peel from walls of the baking pan.
- Cool for 30 minutes before serving.