Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Matthew McConaughey—year after year, these sizzling celebs grace the silver screen and the pages of “People” magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive issues. Now they’re inspiring creative cocktails you can enjoy while watching them in your favorite films. Here are five sophisticated sips that channel the swagger and glamour of some of today’s hottest male celebrities.
The Russian Standard Moscow Mule
Inspired by Brad Pitt
If you have a soft spot for a leading man who travels the world, supports charitable causes, and exudes boyish charm then there’s a good chance you’ll enjoy this smooth drink, made with Russia’s top premium vodka.
- 2-ounces Russian Standard Vodka
- 5-ounces premium ginger beer
- A wedge of lime
- Pour Russian Standard Vodka over ice in a chilled Russian Standard copper mug or Collins glass.
- Add ginger beer and stir gently.
- Garnish the drink with a squeezed wedge of lime.
Johnny’s Lucid Elixir
Inspired by Johnny Depp
Mirroring an actor who can be dark and mysterious in one film and zany and flamboyant in another, this colorful drink includes ingredients that are sweet and intimidating.
- 1-ounce Lucid Absinthe
- 1-ounce Midori Melon Liqueur
- 1-ounce lemon-lime soda
- 1 1/2-ounce pineapple juice
- In a cocktail shaker add Lucid Absinthe, Midori Melon Liqueur, pineapple juice and ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain the mixture into a 2-ounce shot glass.
- Splash lemon-lime soda on top and finish with a drizzle of grenadine.
The Flor de Caña Like It Mojito
Inspired by Enrique Iglesias
After you’ve worked up a sweat shaking it on the dance floor to this sexy celeb’s songs, take a break with this cool, refreshing cocktail.
- 1 1/2-ounce Flor de Caña 7 Year Grand Reserve Rum
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- Lime wedges
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- Club soda
- Muddle mint leaves, sugar, and lime in a mixing glass.
- Add Flor de Caña and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into a tall glass filled with ice and top it with soda.
- Garnish the drink with a sprig of mint.
Matthew McConaughey Match
Inspired by Matthew McConaughey
If you prefer laid-back, carefree men like Matthew McConaughey, you’ll probably appreciate a low-maintenance, great tasting cocktail like this one. Requiring only three ingredients, it’s mixed quickly and easily.
- 1 1/2-ounce Xanté
- 1/2-ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lemon-lime soda
- Pour Xanté and lime juice over ice in a highball glass.
- Top the mixture with lemon-lime soda.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over the drink and drop the wedge into the glass.
Inspired by Pierce Brosnan
Ladies who love distinguished men like Pierce Brosnan obviously have sophisticated tastes. If you consider yourself such a woman, you’ll enjoy sipping a cocktail that’s just as stylish and refined as this iconic actor.
- 1 1/2-ounce Camus VSOP
- 3/4-ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2-ounce simple syrup
- Shake all of the ingredients vigorously in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with a twist of lemon.
Tell us: Which cocktail (or man) above is the most drool worthy? Leave your response in the comments below.
More People Magazine’s Sexiest Men Alive
- Ryan Reynolds Named People Magazine’s 2010 Sexiest Man Alive
- Photos of Ryan Reynolds, People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive