Banana Peanut Butter Chip Muffin Tops
Need a quick, simple recipe for your overripe bananas? These Muffin Tops are loaded with bananas, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Packed with flavor, they'll make the perfect on the go breakfast or after school snack.
Banana-Peanut Butter-Chip Muffin Tops
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin top pan or regular muffin pan (if using a regular muffin pan, feel free to use paper liners).
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened and fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups or muffin top pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. For muffin tops, bake for 12 to14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For regular muffins, bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.