Bring celebrity chef-caliber dishes to your Christmas table with scrumptiously simple holiday recipes from Chef Fabio Viviani, who is the brand spokesperson for Bertolli Olive Oil and will be starring in the upcoming season of Top Chef All-Stars, which begins December 1. Here are three of Chef Fabio’s favorite heart-healthy holiday party recipes.
Celebrity Chef Fabio Viviani shares his easy holiday party recipes
No need to slave in the kitchen while your family and friends mingle by the fire without you. Chef Fabio, who is also the owner and executive chef of Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California, brings together bold , impressive flavors in his holiday dishes that only taste like they took hours to achieve. Once you make the following holiday party recipes, courtesy of Chef Fabio, you’ll want to feature them on your everyday dinner table all year round.
Holiday party recipes from Chef Fabio
Roasted Baby Potatoes with Sausage and Ricotta
Humble potatoes get a gourmet update with a stuffing of sausage and ricotta. Serve as an irresistible appetizer or a satisfying side-dish.
- 16 baby red potatoes
- 1 cup Bertolli Classico Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- 8 ounces ground cooked sausage
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes for 5 minutes. Cut potatoes in half and carve a hole in the flesh to hold filling. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil and herbs.
- In a medium bowl, mix sausage and ricotta. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff sausage mixture into potatoes.
- Place potatoes cut side up in a large baking dish. Bake for 6 minutes. Top with Parmesan.
Lamb Chops with Prosciutto and Salad
A unique twist on the traditional holiday lamb chop entrée, Chef Fabio’s recipe features prosciutto and sage. Serving chops with a microgreen salad, walnuts, and blue cheese makes this dish extra special.
- 4 boneless loin lamb chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 very thin slices prosciutto
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 5 ounces microgreens or baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Season chops, if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 2 slices prosciutto on a flat surface. Top with 3 sage leaves, then wrap around 1 lamb chop. Repeat with remaining chops.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook chops, turning once, 5 minutes or until prosciutto browns.
- Arrange chops in a 9-inch baking dish and bake 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in large serving bowl. Just before serving, drizzle with additional olive oil.
Classic Olive Oil Cake with Blueberry Sauce
Chef Fabio’s Grandmother’s Olive Oil Cake with Blueberry uses Bertolli Extra Light Tasting olive oil instead of butter—cutting the fat in the recipe by 25%.
- 4 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil, divided
- 2 (6 ounces each) containers fresh blueberries
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13- x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with 1-1/4 cups sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until eggs are pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Slowly beat in milk.
- Slowly add flour blended with baking powder and mix just until blended. Add 1 cup olive oil and beat just until blended. Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the blueberry sauce, combine blueberries, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, and lemon juice in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until blueberries start to burst.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon peel. Let cool to room temperature. Serve blueberry sauce with cake.
More from Chef Fabio
Bertolli Swordfish Rollatini Recipe with Chef Fabio Viviani
Chef Fabio Viviani whips up a sensational recipe with Bertolli Olive Oil, the world’s number one olive oil.