These little cuties are buttery little bites of pecan scrumptiousness. The flaky puff pastry pairs impeccably well with the spiced pecan filling, making a delightful end to your savory meal. Finish with creamy caramel sauce or a sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar for an added pop of sweetness. These pecan pinwheels are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving menu.
Makes 36 pinwheels
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 crystallized ginger, minced
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, butter, pecans, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and salt.
- Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll into 15 x 12-inch rectangle. Cut into 36, 2-inch squares. Lightly press the pastry squares into the bottoms of the mini muffin pan cups.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of pecan mixture into the center of each pastry cup.
- Bake about 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with caramel syrup or a sprinkling of confectioners' sugar.
Adapted from Pepperidge Farm