Dark chocolate brownies with orange cream cheese frosting
Fudgy dark chocolate chunk brownies blend with tangy orange infused cream cheese frosting to create a decadent dessert. Adorn them with a few sprinkles and you’ll have a festive sweet treat for any upcoming holiday get together.
For the brownies
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Set a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and warm the butter until melted; add the granulated sugar and stir well; remove pan from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs and vanilla; pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl and whisk in with the eggs until well combined. Gently stir in the flour and salt; do not beat or over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes. Take care not to over bake. Cool completely.
- Frost with orange cream cheese frosting and cut into squares.
For the frosting
- 4-ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest of one orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- Combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, orange zest, and orange juice with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Gradually add the confectioners sugar and continuing mixing until the frosting is smooth and reaches the desired consistency.