Tonight's Dinner: Hawaiian Chicken Wraps
It may be autumn, but that doesn't mean you have to tuck away all of that healthy, grilled eating you did over the summer. This simple Hawaiian chicken wrap is quick enough for a school night, but hearty enough to satisfy that cold-weather pit in your stomach that can sometimes only be fed by a lot of protein and piping hot comfort food.
You won't be packing on any winter pounds when you realize how simple and fulfilling this meal is. It makes use of a grill, though you can also saute the chicken and pineapple on the stovetop. And, while you're building your wrap, don't skimp on those veggies! They're so good for you! Load on the peppers, avacado, and salad greens to keep yourself from loading on unwanted weight. Delicious, easy, and smart for your wasitline. What are you waiting for? Let's hula!
Hawaiian chicken wrap
- 6-8 chicken breast cutlets
- 3-4 fresh pineapple, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey or brown sugar
- 4-6 tortilla wraps
- Romaine Lettuce
- Place the chicken cutlets in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce and honey. Drizzle the soy sauce mixture over the chicken, and onto the pineapple slices, taking care to not contaminate the pineapple with any of the juices from the chicken.
- Grill the chicken and pineapple over low heat on the grill until the chicken is cooked through and the edges of the pineapple are browned slightly.
- Slice the pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble the wraps by placing chicken, pineapple, and your favorite veggies into the center of the wrap, then rolling it up tightly. Eat immediately and enjoy!