Healthy Thanksgiving cocktails
Thanksgiving isn’t known for its waist conscious offerings, but the feast-centric holiday does lend the opportunity to sip a festive, healthy drink. From a sparkling wine mixer to sippers boasting fall flavors, the following healthy Thanksgiving cocktails are deliciously fun and diet-friendly holiday treats.
Sparkling Sauza margarita
Margaritas may be a favorite for Cinco de Mayo, but this sparkling rendition created by Chef Marcela Valladolid for Sauza tequila makes it a surprising—and fun—Thanksgiving sip. Best yet, substituting agave for sugar gives this margarita a healthy edge.
- 7 1/2-ounces Sauza Gold Tequila
- 2 1/2-ounces Dekuyper Triple Sec
- 3-ounces fresh lime juice
- 3-ounces agave nectar
- 12-ounces Prosecco, or any sparkling white wine
- Lime wedge for garnish
- In a shaker of ice, combine tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and agave and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled champagne glass and top it off with the sparkling white wine. Garnish with lime wedge to serve.
Cranberry sauce may be a favorite Thanksgiving side, but opting to get your cranberry fix in this martini will save you calories and add to your Thanksgiving festivity enjoyment.
- 1 lime wedge
- Crushed raw sugar
- 2-ounces vodka
- 2-ounces 100 percent cranberry juice
- Skewered fresh cranberries for garnish
- Rub a martini glass rim with the lime wedge. Dip the rim into raw sugar and place glass in the freezer to chill.
- In a shaker of ice, combine vodka, cranberry juice, and remaining juice from lime wedge. Shake vigorously and strain into prepared martini glass. Garnish with cranberry skewer to serve.
Warm cinnamon apple pie sipper
What's better than a warm drink on a crisp Thanksgiving holiday? A warm drink that isn't loaded with added sugar. A sprinkling of brown sugar, spicy hot schnapps, and slow sipping will make this cocktail one of your fall and winter favorites.
- 4-ounces 100 percent apple juice
- 1 1/2-ounces cinnamon schnapps
- Sprinkle of brown sugar
- Skewer with one or two apple slices
- Warm apple juice in a mug.
- Stir in schnapps and brown sugar.
- Garnish with apple skewer to serve.