Cranberry sauce is a Thanksgiving tradition in many families. This year, try something new by adding fresh cranberries to breads, desserts, and other holiday recipes.
Fresh blueberry and cranberry relish
Many people don’t like the tart flavor of cranberry sauce. By adding a sweet fruit, you can change the taste a bit without losing the cranberry flavor. This blueberry and cranberry relish recipe is courtesy of Chilean Fresh Fruit.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 8-ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves and the berries soften, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and chill. This relish is best made in advance to let flavors blend.
- As a side on traditional holiday dinner plates
- Poured over turkey, pork, or ham
- Over vanilla ice cream, sorbet, or frozen yogurt.
- Added to a turkey and cream cheese sandwich to freshen up leftovers