Chocolate covered bacon and other bacon treats
Bacon isn't just for breakfast and BLTs. Bacon can be an incredible ingredient in cookies, ice cream, and more. Check out these yummy recipes for salty-sweet bacon treats.
Chocolate covered bacon
Chocolate lovers will tell you that chocolate makes everything better — even bacon. This salty-sweet treat is a favorite at state fairs, but you can make it in your own kitchen. It's a fun party food that is certain to get your guests talking.
- 12 thick-sliced strips of bacon
- 12 wooden skewers
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 6-ounces white chocolate, melted
- Brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Thread each bacon strip onto a wooden skewer and place on a rack in a baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until crisp. Allow bacon to cool.
- Microwave chocolate chips and shortening until melted. Stir until smooth.
- With tongs, dip each bacon strip into chocolate coating and then set on wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, pecans, and other toppings (coconut, pepper, apple chips, etc.) as desired.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate until firm.