Trick-or-treat rice cereal bars
This Halloween recipe is perfect for the kids’ holiday parties or for the adult Halloween bash. These sticky Halloween treats are a popular dessert with a Halloween twist. Rice cereal treats are infused with sweet candy corn and pumpkin pie spice to provide some autumnal flavors to harmonize with the changing of the leaves and the chill in the air. Garnish these marshmallow desserts with festive Halloween sprinkles to provide them with that special flare that no one will be able to refuse!
Trick-or-treat rice cereal bars recipe
Yields 18 bars
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 1 cup candy corn; divided use
- Halloween sprinkles
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat and stir in pumpkin pie spice; add marshmallows and stir until completely melted; remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Add rice cereal and stir until well coated; fold in 3/4 cup candy corn. (It helps to spray your stirring spoon with non-stick cooking spray.)
- Using a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, press the mixture into the prepared pan. Press remaining 1/4 cup candy corn into the top of the rice cereal bars and top with Halloween sprinkles. Cool for 2 hours and cut into 18 bars.
Storage: These Trick-Or-Treat Rice Cereal Bars are best served the day they are prepared.