Looking for a few easy recipes using farmer’s market produce? How often do you come home from the farmers’ market with amazing produce but no direction? Or you get overzealous with veggies and end up with more than you know what to do with? Here are a few easy recipes using farmer’s market produce. To make things simple, the recipes call for other items you likely have on hand at home or could pick up at the farmers’ market as well – no extra stop needed.
easy farmer’s market recipe: Panzanella
This rustic Italian salad of tomatoes, mozzarella and crusty bread in vinaigrette is a simple dish that lets superb ingredients shine.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- 5 medium tomatoes
- Handful of basil, chopped
- 1 container bite-size, fresh mozzarella balls (or 3 medium-size balls of fresh mozzarella)
- Olive oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the garlic and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl.
- Let it rest while prepping other ingredients.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and broil in the oven until toasted. Set aside and let cool.
- Cut tomatoes into large chunks and place in the bowl with the garlic and vinegar. Add the basil and mozzarella balls to the bowl (if using medium-size balls, cut into bite-size pieces).
- Drizzle in olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss ingredients together. Mix in the bread cubes a few minutes before serving to prevent them from getting soggy.