First love chocolate mousse
Recipe from Love at First Bite, the Unofficial Twilight Cookbook by Gina Meyers. Devishly delicious and tempting!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons orange extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or 1/2 carton of Cool Whip)
- Melt the chocolate, with coffee added, over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add first the orange extract and then the egg yolk, stirring till the mixture is smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and salt; add the sugar and beat with an electric mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Lastly, whip the cream until it is stiff; fold into the egg whites.
- Fold egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator, and chill until ready to serve.
Next: New moon pies