Edward’s cornflake chicken
Recipe from Love at First Bite, the Unofficial Twilight Cookbook by Gina Meyers. Sink your fangs into this meat!
- 10 chicken tenders, washed
- 3 cups cornflake cereal
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove skin from tendars and wash and dry chicken thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large baking dish, pour oil and dip and roll chicken in the oil. In a large plastic resealable bag, place cornflake cereal, salt and pepper to taste and seal. Make sure all air is out of the bag, and crush cornflakes with a wooden spoon or a rolling pin.
- Next, take tenders one at a time and place in the crushed cornflakes, reseal plastic bag and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated with the crushed cornflakes.
- Place chicken tenders in an ungreased 8 x 11-1/2-inch baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, uncovered.
Next: Bella’s Bites