Cool, refreshing gourmet pops
Juice pops are the epitome of refreshing summer treats for the kids, but they don’t always hit the spot for us adults. Gourmet pops are a far more satisfying sweet and can be prepped and in the freezer in mere minutes. The following fancy ice pop recipes feature fresh fruit, exotic flavors and all the cool that the usual juice pops deliver.
2 cups seedless watermelon chunks
1 cup honey-flavored Greek yogurt
1. Puree watermelon and yogurt in a blender. Pour watermelon mixture into ice pop molds.
2. Place lids on molds or insert wooden ice pop sticks. Freeze for 3 hours or until frozen.
Mango Coconut Pops
2 cups fresh, very ripe mango chunks
3/4 cup coconut milk
Juice of 1 small lime
6 heaping teaspoons shredded sweetened coconut
1. Puree mango, coconut milk and lime in a blender. Place a heaping teaspoon of shredded coconut in each ice pop mold.
2. Pour mango mixture into ice pop molds. Freeze for 3 hours or until frozen.
Frozen Blackberry Cheesecake for a crowd
1 (11-ounce) package Jello-O No Bake Cheesecake
3/4 cup cold milk
1 cup fresh blackberries
40 lollipop sticks
1. In a standup mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cheesecake mix with milk on low speed until moistened (reserve crust mix for another use). Add blackberries and beat on medium until incorporated. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Roll cheesecake mixture into 40 balls. Insert a lollipop stick into each ball. Place on a baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Chocolate Raspberry Variation: Substitute fresh raspberries for the blackberries, dip balls in melted chocolate and freeze for 2 hours.
Frozen Ginger Cherry Cosmo
This is an adults-only pop that will make your next cocktail party the talk of the block.
2-3/4 cups 100 percent cherry juice
1-1/2 ounces SKYY Infusions Ginger Vodka
Juice of 1 small lime
6 pitted fresh cherries
1. Combine cherry juice, vodka and lime juice in a large measuring glass with a pour spout. Place a cherry in each ice pop mold.
2. Pour juice mixture into molds. Place lids on molds or insert wooden ice pop sticks and freeze for 3 hours or until frozen.