Bright and lively spring cocktails
As spring commences, so does your craving for lighter, fruity cocktails that leave you refreshed and satisfied. To help you celebrate the changing of the season, we've hand-picked a luscious array of bright and lively spring cocktails that you can enjoy on the patio in the middle of the afternoon or as part of your garden party cocktail offerings. Take a sip, sit back and enjoy the spirited taste of spring.
A spiced and fruity creation from Alex Strauss of Suite 700 at the Hotel Shangri-La in Los Angeles, this refreshing cocktail is made with SKYY Infusions Ginger, an all natural vodka that exudes an aroma of citrus, candied ginger and baked spices, such as cinnamon. Having just launched in February, this spirit is the only nationally-available ginger-infused vodka on the market and it's making a strong splash in the world of cocktails.
1/2 of a fresh kiwi, peeled, sliced (reserve 1 slice for garnish)
3 large Anjou pear slices
1-1/2 ounces SKYY Infusions Ginger
Champagne or sparkling wine
1. Muddle kiwi and pear in a cocktail shaker. Add SKYY and a handful of ice and shake vigorously.
2. Strain into a champagne flute and top with Champagne or sparkling wine. Garnish with a slice of kiwi.
PAMA Mint Julep
Pomegranates continue to reign supreme as a superfruit and their seductive color and sweet tart taste is now available in a luscious liqueur. The following rendition of the mint julep will brighten your spring cocktail menu and inspire you to find more ways to use PAMA's all natural pomegranate liqueur.
2 sprigs of fresh mint plus extra for garnish
2 sugar cubes
2 ounces PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
2 ounces Evan Williams Bourbon
1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle mint and sugar with PAMA and bourbon.
2. Shake ingredients vigorously over ice and strain into a rocks glass over crushed ice. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and serve.
Tea's ever growing popularity inspired this delicious green tea liqueur. Combine it with fresh cucumber slices, vodka and bubbly club soda and you've got a lovely cocktail you'll want to sip every spring afternoon.
Very thinly sliced cucumber slices
1 part ZEN Green Tea Liqueur
2 parts vodka
1. Arrange cucumber slices around the circumference of the bottom of a rocks glass.
2. Add ice to the center of the glass, keeping cucumber slices in place. Pour in ZEN and vodka and top off with club soda to serve.
Absolut Berri Acai Cosmo
The newest addition to the Absolut line of premium vodka, Berri Acai is expressive, complex and bursting with acai, blueberry and pomegranate flavors. Acai's superfruit status makes this updated cosmo recipe a hot sip for spring.
1-1/2 parts Absolut Berri Acai Vodka
1 part cranberry juice
3/4 part triple sec
1/4 part fresh lime juice
1 thin orange slice
1. Place Absolut, cranberry juice, triple sec and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously.
2. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with orange slice.
Purista Mojito Iced Tea
PURISTA mixers – Mojito, Blackberry Mojito, Margarita and Caiphirina – are made with all-natural ingredients that are uniquely balanced to give both cocktails and mocktails a bright, lively and authentic flavor. This iced tea recipe is non-alcoholic, but feel free to add your favorite spirit. When summer comes around with its crop of fresh-picked gems, be sure to enjoy this drink with PURISTA Blackberry Mojito mix and garnish with a few juicy blackberries.
6 ounces unsweetened iced tea
2 ounces PURISTA Mojito
Fresh mint leaves
Place crushed ice in a tall glass. Add tea and PURISTA. Garnish with mint.