5 Must-try dip recipes for your big game party
Even if you are not a sports fan, you know that sometimes the big game is more than just a game. It's a holiday in the same way as New Year's Eve or Thanksgiving or perhaps even Christmas, and needs to be planned for accordingly. And the key to any good party is the food. In a setting like this -- with many people migrating in and out and the action the television -- it's all about the dips. Of course, not all dips are created equal; here are some of our favorites.
Joe Montana's nacho guacamole
HAB (Hass Avocado Board) teamed up with football legend Joe Montana to share his favorite guacamole recipe with fans -- Joe Montana's Nacho Guacamole. Montana's Nacho Guacamole is a twist on two classic game day snacks -- nachos and guacamole. We tried it at home and are obsessed… and that's why it's our top dip pick!
- 4 ripe, fresh Hass avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place half the avocado in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine, somewhat mashing the avocado.
- Gently stir in remaining avocado. Chill until ready to serve.
Serving suggestion: Serve with tortilla or pita chips. If a smoother guacamole is preferred, add the entire Hass avocado in step 1. If a chunkier guacamole is what you like, add the entire Hass avocado at the end and gently stir in.