Crab and five-cheese artichoke dip
At your party, you are a hostess — so, don’t be crabby. However, do serve crab. This dip is one I’ve recently tried, sent to me by Alexa Hart Bosshardt, MPS, RD, LD/N, the culinary nutritionist at Phillips Crab Meat. It’s savory, cheesy, and has just enough kick!
- 8 oz. Phillips Crab Meat
- 4 each large artichokes
- 4 ounces cream cheese (preferably Philadelphia)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, low-moisture, part skim
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Phillips Seafood Seasoning
- Optional: pinch each white, red, black pepper
- Bring 1/2 pot of water to boil in 4 quart stockpot. Trim tops and bottom stems of artichokes and boil artichokes 35-45 minutes, depending on size, until tender. Test doneness by gently pulling off an outside leaf. Cool, cut in half and gently remove “choke” out of center.
- In a 1 quart mixing bowl, mix all cheeses, mayonnaise, white wine and seasonings together.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place artichoke halves, cut side up, in buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Fill centers of each artichoke with crab and cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven approx. 15 minutes or until filling is bubbling hot.
- Serves 8 as an appetizer portion or 4 as an entrée.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with tomato salsa of desired spiciness or dip whole grain tortilla chips in crab and cheese mixture.