10 Chicken wing recipes
Gather your family and friends for a winning Super Bowl party featuring a victory spread of hearty, game-day food, including a few of these juicy chicken wing recipes. Loaded with touchdown taste, chicken wings are succulent, versatile little nibbles that can be served alongside burgers, chili and hot dogs or alone, dipped into a tasty array of sauces. Here are 10 of our best chicken wing recipes.
How to prepare chicken wings
Before you cook your chicken wings, you need to prepare the wings properly. Use a sharp knife and cut off the wing tip, then cut the remaining wing at the joint. Discard the wing tip and use the remaining two wing parts for your chicken wing recipes.
1. Chipotle Garlic Chicken Wings
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup minced red onion
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 small red jalapeno, seeded, minced
2 tablespoons chipotle chile in adobo sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Juice and zest of half a lemon
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
16 prepared chicken wings
Blue cheese dressing
1. In a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil until butter melts.
2. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until softened and transparent. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Add chipotle, water, tomato paste, lemon juice and zest, and oregano, and bring to a boil. Reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and add chicken wings. Marinate for at least 1 hour. If you marinate for longer than 1 hour, place bowl in the refrigerator.
5. Preheat oven to 400 F and generously spray two baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Remove chicken wings from marinade, letting excess marinade drip back into bowl. Reserve marinade. Place chicken wings in baking dishes.
7. Roast chicken wings for 25 minutes. Flip chicken wings and brush with marinade. Discard marinade. Cook chicken wings for 20 more minutes or until done.
8. Remove from oven and serve with blue cheese dressing.