Watermelon and feta salad
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 4 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk vinegar with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place spinach in a bowl, and top with onions. Drizzle dressing over the mixture and gently toss.
- Top with watermelon and feta.
Mozzarella salad with caramelized onion dressing recipe
- 2 cups toasted pine nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thick slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 cups fresh radicchio
- Add pine nuts, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup flour to a blender or food processor. Process until well combined and the mixture is coarse. Place in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup flour with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk the egg and milk together.
- Dip cheese slices into flour mixture, then into egg mixture, then into pine nut mixture. Place on a plate.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil until softened and caramelized. Add shallots and garlic, and cook until just golden. Whisk 1/2 cup olive oil, vinegar, and honey into the pan, then remove from the heat. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and quickly pan-fry cheese, 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Let drain on paper towels.
- Add spinach to a large bowl, and toss with onion dressing. Top with cheese slices.