Eggnog recipes for breakfast and dessert
Eggnog is usually pulled out around Thanksgiving and enjoyed through the Christmas holidays, only to be shunned again until the next winter. We thought this supporting player deserved a starring role at our holiday tables this year. Here are a few breakfast and dessert ideas that use eggnog to add a flavorful twist on traditional recipes.
Eggnog French toast
A tasty twist on the a classic breakfast dish, this recipe uses eggnog in place of milk.
2 cup Shamrock Farms Eggnog
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp rum extract
18 slices firm white or whole wheat bread
3 tbsp. melted butter
- Grease two cookie sheets.
- Mix the eggs, Shamrock Farms Eggnog, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and rum extract in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Cut each slice of bread diagonally, or with a decorative cutter. Dip each slice in egg mixture and place on prepared cookie sheets. Cover with foil.
- Freeze for one to two hours or until frozen.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove bread slices from freezer and brush one side with melted butter.
- Place buttered side down on cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Brush top with butter and turn butter side down. Continue to bake until golden.
Not to be outdone by its sister breakfast treat, Eggnog French toast, eggnog pancakes are a quick easy breakfast for busy mornings like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Nutmeg and cranberry sauce give them an extra twist of flavor. See the recipe.