Instead of just reheating and eating, turn your Thanksgiving leftovers into completely different dishes. From breakfast to lunch to creative dessert ideas, choose one of these fun ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers.
Pumpkin pie brulee recipe
- Pumpkin pie
- Granulated sugar
- Remove crust gently from pie and place it in the bottom of small ramekins.
- Spoon pumpkin pie filling into each ramekin and top with a few teaspoons of sugar.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and place under a broiler. Cook for three to four minutes or until sugar is browned on top. Serve with whipped cream.
Turkey and cranberry bake recipe
- 3 cups leftover turkey gravy
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat gravy in a stockpot then add sage, thyme and rosemary. Cook until heated and all herbs are well incorporated.
- Mix turkey and parsley into gravy. Spread half of the cranberry sauce onto the bottom of a baking dish. Then top with a layer of lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese and turkey mixture. Layer with more cranberry sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese and turkey mixture, continuing until all of the components are used.
- Top with shredded cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool before cutting.
Stuffing scramble recipe
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Form stuffing into round patties. Then saute in melted butter in a skillet until golden on both sides.
- Remove stuffing from the pan. Scramble eggs with salt and pepper in a skillet. Top eggs with patties and serve.