Once the cool weather hits its time to switch your fruity summer cocktails for drinks with warm and cozy fall flavors. Seasonal ingredients from apples to pumpkins make tasty libations that celebrate autumn.
Making fall cocktails
Just about any type of liquor can be used to make fall cocktails, as most liquor delivers that coveted warm fuzzy feeling. Rum, gin, vodka, whisky, brandy, bitters, amaretto, scotch, and schnapps are especially good choices. Don’t forget the flavored liquors or liqueurs, which can add one more dimension of fall flavors.
To bring fall into your drink, use seasonal fruits and vegetables like apples, cranberry, pumpkin, honey, beets, chestnuts, grapes, and pomegranates. Herbs and spices like thyme, rosemary, tarragon, sage, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves further resound the fall season.
To finish off your fall cocktails, be sure to garnish with a few pieces of fresh fruit, vegetable or herbs featured in your drink.
Butterscotch Cinnamon Apple Pie Martini
- 1 shot cinnamon schnapps
- 1 cup chilled apple juice
- 1 shot butterscotch schnapps
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Ground cinnamon or cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Pour cinnamon schnapps into a martini glass.
- Pour apple juice over schnapps then pour butterscotch schnapps over apple juice.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream on top of drink and sprinkle with cinnamon or add a cinnamon stick for garnish.
Berry Nutty on the Rocks
- 1 shot whiskey
- 1 shot amaretto liqueur
- 2 splashes of cranberry juice
- 3 to 4 fresh cranberries
- Fill a double old-fashioned glass halfway with ice. Pour whiskey, amaretto, and cranberry juice over ice. Gently stir and garnish with a few cranberries.
- A few pomegranate seeds
- 1 shot pomegranate liquor
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- A few splashes Champagne
- Place a few pomegranate seeds in the bottom of a Champagne glass.
- Pour pomegranate liquor and pomegranate juice in glass then top with a few splashes of Champagne.